Sunny Side VIP Blemish Balm is also considered one the King of BB Creams. It is VERY well known in Korea for being a very good BB Cream and has a very good reputation among BB Cream lovers – and they have won a few new fans – everyone here at Hope In The Blog loves this BB Cream!
A short introduction from the company :
VIP Sunny Side BB Cream actively defends skin damage and loss of elasticity of the skin’s tissue. It also calms redness of the skin without irritating it, and moisturizes the skin while repairing it.
Like most high end BB Creams like Alexander Kimsco, Dr Schrammek, Forensco, A.H.C who have the ugliest BB Cream packaging around, Sunny Side VIP is also one of them. Somehow there is no sense of luxury in the packaging of the BB Cream, nor does it look like one! This is a bit sad as most luxury high end products like the History Of Whoo / Sulwhasoo have very nice posh packaging.
This BB Cream comes in a simple white tube and contains 50ml. There is also a 15ml mini tube
Color / Texture
More color comparison with the other BB Kings such as Alexander Kimsco etc , look at the Alexander Kimsco review : here!
Loves the bright colour of this BB Cream and also it’s rather light texture – makes it easy to deal with!
As seen below, the texture is rather light, which makes applying easy!
The BB Cream (SS) is being compared to the Elisha Coy Always Nuddy (ES) and the Crazy Monkey Organic BB Cream (CR). AS you can see, the BB Cream has a bright color and has a pink undertone to it! Grey undertone is almost not noticeable at all ! We really like the color of this BB Cream – it brightens up the skin instantly compared to the majority of BB Creams which are greyish and have a dull undertone. This BB Cream definitely lives up to its expectations!
The BeauteDerm BB (BD) also has quite a similar color with the SunnySide (SS) . The Elisha Coy Always Nuddy (EC) is darker compared to the other two.
As this is an expensive BB Cream, the ingredient list are also packed with high end ingredients :
1) EGF ( Epidermal Growth Factor ) – That EGF promotes epithelial cell proliferation and collagen synthesis of dermal fibroblasts to promote the proliferation of cell growth in damaged skin wound to minimize scarring of the skin, helps to maintain order in the organization. However it has also its fair share of controversies. There is research showing it to be helpful for wound and burn healing. There is also research showing that its effect is no different from that of a placebo and that it may not be effective at all. Read more here
2) B-Glucan – known as Beta Glucan – Polysaccharide, meaning that it is a sugar (e.g., starch and cellulose) that can be derived from yeast. It has some antioxidant properties and is a strong anti-inflammatory agent. They are known to have the ability to activate the immune system. Also, it has been found that B-Glucans can prevent infection and kills pathogenic bacteria.
3) Acetyl Hexapeptide – known as Argireline which has been compared to snake venom. It is a synthetically derived peptide that is being used in a wide range of skin care and makeup products, especially those claiming to have a muscle-relaxing effect similar to Botox injections. These claims typically have to do with relaxing muscle contractions when making facial expressions, thus reducing the appearance of expression lines. Read more here
4) Bisabol – an be extracted from chamomile or derived synthetically. It is an anti-irritant. Calms and relieve skin irritation.
5) Allantoin – Allantoin is present in botanical extracts of the comfrey plant/sugar beet. Skin active ingredient with keratolytic, moisturizing, soothing, anti-irritant properties, promotes the renewal of epidermal cell and accelerates wounds healing.
6) Morus Alba Leaf Extract – known as white mulberry plant. Quantitative Analysis of Rutin, a Flavonoid Compound in the Leaves of m Morus alba: Rutin showed to be an inhibitory of melanoma (melanin) growth, anti-tyrosinase and antioxidant suggesting a potential for dietary supplements or cosmetic applications, therefore giving the skin a whitening effect.
7) Deep Ocean Water – is the name for cold, salty water found deep below the surface of Earth’s oceans. Ocean water differs in temperature and salinity, with warm, relatively non-salty water found at the surface, and very cold salty water found deeper below the surface layer. It is rich in minerals.
8) Symwhite 377 – new, highly effective active agent for the rapidly growing market for skin lighteners. SymWhite® 377 (INCI: phenylethyl resorcinol) is an excellent antioxidant that is also highly effective in influencing the formation of pigmentation. SymWhite® 377 thus succeeds where other skin-bleaching agents fail by eliminating the side-effects and disadvantages – such as skin irritation and poor performance – associated with these preparations. In a direct comparison with ß-arbutin (also included in the ingredient here!) , for instance, SymWhite® 377 was shown to be over one hundred times as effective at lightening hair, and when tested in vivo on skin that had not been exposed to light, 0.5% SymWhite® 377 proved to be more effective than 1.0% kojic acid. A concentration of between 0.1 and 0.5% is recommended. Read about it here
Oil control is rather good here – almost comparable with the Alexander Kimsco , i have no complains! Refer to the Alexander Kimsco Review for oil control comparison with other BB Creams. Time is recorded on the right of the Blotting paper!
Coverage is pretty decent for a BB Cream. Very sheer though. Managed to lighten up my horrible acne scars! Before – After
It does give a slight glow, dewy finish, which looks very natural! Left side has a dewy glow to it after BB Cream was applied, right side nothing was applied!
Priced at 120,000 Korean Won for 50ml (slightly cheaper than Alexander Kimsco) , this BB Cream performs better than the Alexander Kimsco BB Cream. Infact, we loved this BB Cream so much and it has quickly became a favourite.
Would we purchase the full size tube? Definitely. If we were going to be stranded in an island and allowed to bring only ONE BB Cream – this would be it ! We loved everything from the color, undertone, texture of it, the dewy glow it gives. Not to mention its super ingredients! Should you purchase it? If you have some extra money and have always wanted to invest in a luxury BB Cream – why not? Share your experience here if you have tried this BB Cream.
Funny why this BB Cream isn’t famous outside Korea because it really is a very good BB Cream. The reason is probably because there isn’t any distributors outside Korea, and also because of its steep price!
Results on the Skin Moisture Analyser : Before – After
Results on the Skin Analyser : Before – After
The downside of this BB Cream is that there isn’t any SPF included! If not, this would be the holy grail of all BB Creams!
Where to buy?
Purchase this on Gmarket on Sunnyside’s Official Gmarket Page!
There is currently a promotion for Sunny Side VIP BB Cream – 190,000 Wons if you buy 2 tubes of 50ml.
To be able to win samples / prizes and be updated , don’t forget to join us at facebook and twitter :