Cosme.net is Japan’s biggest and most prestigious cosmetics website. It hands out its awards which is based on the average reviews collected and the overall points each product received in a year. It receives about 8 million reviews each year.
Which products won this prestigious Japanese Awards? Click here to find out
1. Best Makeup Remover Award
1st prize : Fancl’s Mild Cleansing Oil
2nd prize : Kiss Me Heroine Mascara Remover
3rd Prize : Cleansing Express Eye Makeup Remover
2. Best Basic Cleanser Award
1st Prize : Gamila Secret’s Lavender Heaven Soap
2nd Prize : Hiarumirufiyu (HM) Moisutosopu Cleansing Soap
3rd Prize : Esthe 21 Pure Milky Foam
3. Best Toner/Lotion/Mist Award
1st Prize : Nano’s Beauty Water
2nd Prize : AquaAura Hydrogen Lotion
3rd Prize : Cle De Peau Beaute Lotion Tandols ( Gentle Balancing Lotion )
4. Best Serum
1st Prize : Helena Rubinstein Prodigy Powercell Youth Grafter
2nd Prize : Barrier Repair Intensive Moisturizing Serum
3rd Prize : Kose Infinity Realizing White XX Serum
5. Best Moisturizer/Emulsion/Gel
1st Prize : Albion Exage White Milk Type II
2nd Prize : Albion Exage White Milk Type III
3rd Prize : Sofina Jenne Gelly Moisturizer
5. Best Cream
1st Prize : Chifure Borage Cream
2nd Prize : Arouge Watery Sealing Mask
3rd Prize : Creme De La Mer Moisturizing Cream
6. Best Facial Oil Award
1st Prize : Muji Jojoba Oil
2nd Prize : HABA Squalane Oil
3rd Prize : Sonbahyu Horse Oil
7. Best Eye Cream Award
1st Prize : Shiseido’s Granas Revital Caviar
Only 1 prize was awarded for this category.
8. Best Sheet Mask Award
1st Prize : Puressa Rose Mask
2nd Prize : Lancome Genifique Mask
3rd Prize : SK-II Moisturizing Mask
8. Best Pack/Mask Award
1st Prize : Cure Natural Aqua Gel
2nd Prize : Skinfood Black Sugar Mask
3rd Prize : Lush Magnificent Feast Mask
It is our first year following Cosme.net’s Beauty Awards. There are quite a few things that we observed here.
– Most of the products here are mid-range/low end products.
– Very few non Japanese skincare brands. We know that the Japanese market is one of the hardest market to penetrate because Japanese people are very patriotic and will support their own products! One very surprising thing was Helena Rub winning No.1 in the Best Serum Award. The serum was also awarded Newcomer of the Year, and it’s the only foreign product that grabbed the No.1 spot! (OK… we are now doing research on this product since this brand is an european brand!). On top of that, the Helena Rub Serum was also one of the only Luxury-range product to grab the number 1 spot! There is also LUSH, and Korean brand SKinfood which managed to enter the top 3 spots in the Mask section. Also French brand Lancôme also grabbed 2nd place in the sheet mask department. Oh, and the La Mer cream is also in 3rd place.
– Legendary status products such as the SK-II Facial Treatment Mask and HABA’s Squalane Oil are of course in the charts!
– The Sofina Jelly won 3rd place – while it’s ingredients contained lots of harmful substances – and the amount of beneficial ingredients can’t even be compared to other Jelly based creams such as CiLabo, Mizuno Tenshi etc. This is a product of pure marketing and packaging !
– There was only ONE winner in the Eye cream department. Don’t understand…
So what do you think of the winners?
Have you tried any of them?
Tell us !
To be able to win samples / prizes and be updated , don’t forget to join us at facebook and twitter :