Of all the brands out there, i decided to give the spotlight to Naruko, a taiwanese brand by Niu-Er, taiwan’s top skincare guru which has appeared in countless TV Programs.
What does it stand for?
N – NiuEr
A – Avant-Garde
R – Narcissism
U – Nature
K – Key to Beauty
O – Internationally
Why did i decide to give Naruko the spotlight ? Because i thought the brand was worth sharing with everyone here !
First of all, the prices are extremely reasonable and cheap. I was really shocked at the prices, because i never expected it to be so reasonable. A set of 9 products are sold at only RM 200/ 50 Euros / 65 USD.
The products are Paraben-free, artificial colouring free, fragrance free and not subjected to animal testing. Brands that claim to be paraben-free, fragrance-free, organic, natural are charging xXx times the money, but not Naruko. It is this part of his sincerity and honesty that touched me.
Thirdly, the products are environmentally friendly. The boxes of the products can be re-used and made into pencil cases, etc. Niu-Er really did put a lot of effort and thought into this brand. It is the first time I’ve heard of Brands trying to make use of their packaging into something useful and beneficial, a gesture to save the world’s environment.
Philosophy/ Brand Concept/Marketing
The brand’s philosophy ravels around a quote of Niu’er himself :
Niu’Er wrote a quote which can be read on the box itself : 瓶子内的效果远比瓶子外的装饰来的重要，而皮肤以内的，远胜过外表所呈现的样貌 which translates as : The contents in this bottle is far more important than packaging outside of it ( referring to the packaging of the product ), just like how the inner layers of the skin (what we can’t see) is far more important that the outer appearance of it (what we see). So i guess it’s true that beauty is skin deep eh? Lovely quote btw!
Niu’er spent 20 years studying the ingredients of skincare products – 7 years researching and developing products, and thus the brand Naruko was born. He insists on Naturalism in all his products – thus every product is paraben free, artificial preservatives free, artificial colouring free, and fragrance free and not subjected to any animal experiments.
All products of Naruko contain a special patented ingredient called the PhytoFerulin : it enhances the skin’s natural self defense system with the use of high anti oxydant moisturizing ingredients. It incorporates the use of 11 plant extracts :
1) Echinacea golden seal root – strengthens immune system
2) Radix Glycyrrhiza / liquorice – remove toxins, whitening and brightening properties
3) Calendula officinalis – antiseptic, anti inflammatory
4) Ginkgo biloba – improves blood circulation
5) Green tea – anti oxydant
6) Camomile – soothing and calming properties
7) Circaea quadrisulcata – known also as Enchanter’s Nightshade – calming and strenghtens skin immunity
8) Edelweiss – anti oxydant
9) Artemisia vulgaris – mugwort or common wormwood – gives radiance to the skin
10) Epilobium angustifolium – fireweed/great willow herb/ rosebay willowherb –anti oxydant
Naruko’s products come in very nice simple packaging like what the brand philosophy states. On the outside it’s all white and plain, but inside it is all colorful and pretty.
Like i said these packaging can be used pencil holders, card holders etc. Instructions are even included in the box!
Example of images taken from Ash Tan’s blog (Thanks!)
The Original (Outside) packaging of the Narcissict set :
The Packaging of the products itself :
The inside of the box :
Instructions included on how to transform the box into something useful :
Another example taken from Beauty Gossipology’s Blog :
The end product! :
From Pinky Kathy’s Blog :
Every brand has their star products, and for Naruko, their star products are :
1) Celestial White Moss Perfume Nectar – blend of essential oils. NARUKO Celestial White Moss contains botanical essential oils. Free from musk derived from animals, it is a white musk perfume formulated with herbaceous musk. The degree of purity of the perfume is the highest. It is long-lasting. Even if you apply merely a small amount to wrists and neck, the fragrance can last for a very long time. Formulated in a hi-tech way, it gives a moss note, a charming aroma resulting from the combination of the essential oils of cedarwood Virginia, orange and petitgrain. Suitable for both males and females, it leaves one delighted and at ease.
The alcohol-free perfume can come into contact with the skin directly. Its smell is pure and fresh. It will not irritate the nose. The convenient-to-carry product allows you to re-apply any time.
2) Niaouli and Tea Tree Acne Clay Cleanser – clay based cleanser for oily and acne skin. NARUKO Niaouli & Tea Tree Acne Clay Cleanser, a deep cleansing mask and a cleanser, is stronger in deep cleansing and unclogging pores with its dual cleansing concept. Specially formulated with glycolic acid and an oil-controlling factor as core ingredients, it regulates sebum secretion and tightens pores. Added with an antiseptic ingredient (Piroctone olamine), it prevents acnes. It works in co-ordination with a mild cleansing formula. Just a small amount will form rich lather. It thoroughly cleanses facial sebum and removes dead skin cells, leaving skin very refreshed and clean. Skin will become radiant again, as if it had been polished.
3) Job’s Tears Whitening and Cooling Night Gelly – moisturizing eye jelly
And not forgetting of course, that most of Niu’Er creams are gel-jelly based. There’s only 1 actual cream actually in the whole product range! The rest are all jelly based. This is very intriguing because i have not seen any brands using only gelly-based creams and no creams at all ! I think that this is because Niu’er wants this to be accessible to all skin types because jelly based products are suitable for all skin types. However i am not sure if it would be enough for those with very dry skin!
I am curious how Naruko Jelly products would compare to the famous Ci:Labo Collagen Aqua Jelly, the UNT Derma Oasis Jelly, and the Mizuno Tenshi Gelly. Since we have the other three products, we will be comparing all and see who’s the winner ! 🙂
Magnolia Brightening and Firming Skincare Range (NEW!)
Narcissus Total Defense Range (anti aging range)
NARUKO Narcissus Total Defense Range is a fundamental care that delivers different benefits, including hydrating, vitalizing and anti-aging.
Contains Phytoferulin®, Tremella Fuciformis Extract, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Hyaluronic Acid, Solomon Oil, Narcissus Bulbs Extract, Kojic Acid, Revitalizing Factor, Botanical Oils Complex, Tripeptide
Naouli and Tea Tree Range (for acne/oily skin)
Helps regulate sebum secretion, strengthen the relief of acnes, and enhance the skin’s resistance. At the same time, it promotes keratose metabolism, which aids in unclogging pores. Besides, it prevents acnes, and diminishes the appearance of scars, pigments and traces of pigmentation. With multiple repairing effects that last for all night, it helps keep skin sleek, fresh and healthy.
- 【Phytoferulin】 It protects skin from external environmental damage and strengthens skin, revitalizing it from within.
- 【Tremella Fuciformis Berk.】 It helps create translucent skin watery to the touch, and provides long-lasting hydration.
- 【Zinc PCA】 It regulates skin’s sebum secretion, relieving oily face.
- 【Glycolic Acid】 It fastens the removal of dead skin cells, preventing pores from getting clogged, and strengthens the driving out of sebum as well as keratose chippings inside pores. It relieves rough and uneven skin, leaving it sleek and delicate again.
Job’s Tears Whitening and Cooling Range
Rose and Snow Fungus Classic Hydrating Range
This hydrating and anti-aging formula repairs and hydrates skin
Phytoferulin®, Tremella Fuciformis Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin B5, Tripeptide, Dermaveil, Ceramide, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Alga Extract, Botanical Essential Oils
Marjoram and Lavender Anti Pigmentation Range
Phytoferulin®, Sun’er Complex®, Hyaluronic Acid, Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Vitamin E Filling Spheres, Botanical Oil Filling Spheres, Ellagic Acid Filling Spheres, Matricaria Maritime, Botanical Essential Oils
New line : Naruko Apple Seed and Tranexamic Acid Line
This is absolutely a skincare brand that we will be keeping an eye on. The ingredient list is top – you will never find any brands with that sort of an ingredient list at this price – trust me! Nor will you find organic natural skincare products that claim to be paraben-free, fragrance-free, artificial preservatives-free at this price.
This brand is an absolute steal!
The website is also really very informative as well. Each product is explained in detail,
Product details are divided into few sections, including Product Description , Ingredients, How To Use, Question and Answer, Precaution etc..
And i love how they have incorporated Chizu Saeki ( the author of The Japanese Skincare Revolution ) method of using ‘cotton masks’. The steps on how to use ‘cotton masks’ are also detailed on the Naruko website under How-to-use.
Where to purchase?
-Sasa.com where it’s overpriced.
– It’s official website : here where the prices are much cheaper and if you get a set, it’s really worth it. However due to huge demand, a lot of products are already out of stock and the downside is that you will need to know Chinese. They do offer international shipping as well.
Will we be purchasing this?
Not at the meantime because we have so many products waiting to be reviewed. However, once we have run out of products, the brand will be first on our list! Or hopefully, they will be kind enough to send us samples for review!
Naruko does not have an English website at the moment, so you guys would have to use Google Translate while navigating the site.
We will probably be purchasing their cotton pads first, for three boxes (60 pieces) , you pay about 4.5 euros, as opposed to Shiseido’s Cotton Pads which is about 5 euros per box (70 pieces). There’s even a set of cotton pads sold together with their essence, so if you want to try out Chizu Saeki’s Cotton Mask Method, you can get the either one of the sets :
There is also another type of cotton pads which are slightly more expensive by a few cents! One side is weaved with cross tissues while another is weaved with horizontal tissues. The former enables a moderate removal of dead skin for higher translucency of skin, while the latter enables skin-friendly massage for more healthy-looking complexion.
Visit their facebook page as well : here!
And their youtube page for more skincare tips : here!
How to diminish panda eyes and puffiness in 1 minute!
How to use your cotton pads to maximize products effectiveness!
To be able to win samples / prizes and be updated , don’t forget to join us at facebook and twitter :
Click here: Facebook Page and here : Twitter Page
Or just click this icon below :